Saturday, December 1, 2007

Complete Christmas Wish List

Recently, I went over my yarn wish list. But there's so many more knitting and crafty-related products out there! The list goes on and on! Here are my top picks for what I would like to receive from Santa this year:

10. More Yarn. Any kind, but Bamboo or Alpaca would be nice. In all different colors. I'm going somewhere with this, so hang on....

9. A nice basket to sit in the living room for my yarn to live in. I actually saw this suggestion in a knitting magazine as a way to both store your yarn AND make it a home accessory. Did Martha think this one up? I guess not, but it sure is a "good thing" in my eyes.

8. Some more sets of bamboo or wood knitting needles. Maybe even some crochet hooks, too. A nice selection of straights and dpns would be nice. You can never have too many knitting needles! Some of the short dpns are good to put your hair up with, too.

7. More yarn.

6. Stitch holders, stitch markers, yarn needles, stitch counter, knitting needle gauge, any and all little gadgets that make knitting easier to keep track of.

5. Some knitting books. At this point, I'm not even going to be too picky on which ones they are! Sock knitting related would be nice.

4. Nice case to keep needles in.

3. Another big tackle box to keep case for needles and other stuff in.

2. More yarn.

1. A knitting machine.

OK, so I am indulging a little (well, maybe a lot) of the "gimmies" but, after all, it is only a fantasy list.

Again I would point out that there is a lot to do to give back to your community through knitting. Not sure where to start? I found this site today: Knitting for Charity. Take a look, there's so much information there, it could keep you busy for months!

Let's do some good with our knitting this holiday season, and on into the coming year!

No comments: