Friday, November 30, 2007

Redeemed Red Heart Re-enters Rejoicing

I recently posted on Red Heart's lagging quality in the color department (colored yarn showing white spots on it). Let me say that my most recent project has renewed my faith in Red Heart as a fine low-cost yarn for quick kids' projects.

My youngest daughter's pink toboggan turned out quite nice. No white spots anywhere. It was a bit big in circumference, but that was on purpose to give her some growing room. I must admit, despite the problems with the color, the yarn itself has always stood up quite well to the punishment my kids throw at the items I knit for them.

On another note, look around for charity knitting projects this holiday season. It could be as simple as making little caps for newborns at the hospital, or more complicated, like sweaters for older kids or adults. Prayer shawls are popular right now, and don't forget lap afghans for those in wheelchairs. I'll try to post some links for resources and give some ideas for patterns in the next week.

As holiday stuff heats up for me, it's getting difficult to find time to buy products and test them. I hope to really get into that after the first of the year, but I will try to post something everyday, even if it is just a few ideas or an update on something I've posted about before.

I'm working on a new website, I hope to have that up and in great shape soon. I'll post about that when it looks OK, too.

Knit On, everybody!

No comments: