Friday, November 23, 2007

Looking at Knit Picks

I don't know how or when I stumbled over to Knit Picks the first time, but I've been hooked ever since. And even when I can't be online, I can carry my knitty goodness with me, because I have the Knit Picks catalog mailed to my little metal mailbox. Looking in the last one I received, my eyeballs practically bugged out like a cartoon character. Lots of good stuff!

Taking random picks from the Holiday 2007 catalog:

Men's Ties! Two cute looking ties peep out at me from the pages. I don't know how wearable these things actually are, but they look nice. They're bias knit, so they don't look like your average bit of knitting, and one is made with a self-striping sock yarn so it's ultra-easy AND ultra-spiffy.

"Mosaic Knitting." Your obligatory Barbara Walker book. I think I checked this one out of the library one time. Still, it's nice to have some of her books in your library for reference.

Yarn, Yarn and more Yarn! I like the look of "Palette": 100% Peruvian Highland wool, fingering weight--$1.99 per ball. I especially like "Tidepool Heather" and "Fog"; but all the colors look good to me! Or how about "Andean Treasure": 100% Baby Alpaca, heathered sport weight--$4.99 per ball. I really want to try this yarn sometime. The "Wild Rose Heather" and the Summer Sky Heather" are really nice, but again, none of these colors are duds to me.

Neat tools and Gadgets. A yarn meter looks handy if, you're like me and you like to design your own projects...figure out how much yarn you're likely to use for something so you know how much to buy. Hooray! No more shortages! Of course, if you buy too much that's another matter.....

Wander over to Knit Picks and check out their selection. Overall, the prices look pretty good. I haven't checked into shipping and handling charges, though. I give this whole business 0 noses...not smelly in the least! Although your nose may get out of joint perusing all the things you want to buy.

No comments: