Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year, More Kntting

I hope the New Year's holiday was safe and happy for all. And may the New Year bring everyone what they need. Not necessarily all you want, but what you need.

I am currently in the market for some yarn or products to test. And, sadly, my Ravenclaw Tie pattern has seemed to disappear, I may have to start from scratch on that one. It would be nice to get some really thin fingering yarn and do a double-knit reversible version instead of the garter stitch ribs I had before (a little tricky on the color changes). Also in the works is a pattern for the headband Ginny wears in Order of the Phoenix. This is a crochet pattern, very simple. She seems to favor crocheted items...the bag from Goblet of Fire and also a sweater in Order of the Phoenix.

Also, sadly, one of my yarn sources may be closing down. At least, she won't actually have a shop anymore, possibly. And a trip to my only real "local" LYS is in order. When to fit the trip in is the question!

Look for updates about my website soon, it is starting to look pretty good, although a bit empty so far.

In the meantime, knit on!

No comments: