Monday, January 14, 2008

Lacey Links

At this moment, I am designing a lacey gown for a baby. I have knitted lace before, but I haven't designed my own lace patterns. It is a bit of a challenge, but I think it will be rewarding in the end.

Here are some links with info on lace knitting. Since I do most of my knitting from books and design my own, I'm not going to vouch for the content, but I have looked them over and they look pretty good:

See Eunny Knit! - knitting blog with tips and hints on lace construction. This is a link directly to one of the lace articles.

Heirloom Knitting - Shetland lace and lots of information. On this site also see A Beginner's Guide to Charted Lace Knitting.


Knitting-and.com's Over 100 Free Knitting Patterns for Lace Edgings and Insertions.

Yarn Over Lace Knitting - Website dedicated to lace knitting. Mostly looks to be links.

There is a lot more information to be had at your local library. Look especially for knitting "encyclopedias" from Barbara Walker. It helps to buy at least one book and keep it at hand while you knit. I don't have a lace specific book but I have a book with a lot of stitches and a general techniques book. I'll review some books soon and include their names when I do.

After I finish this baby gown, I'll post a list of hints and tips that helped me along the way. I'll probably post with updates, as well.

Knit On!


No comments: